What I've Bought For The Home Lately

Leave a Comment
Hello! I thought I'd share a few little homey items that I've recently bought for my flat with you all. Now I love clothes shopping don't get me wrong, but since moving into my first flat with my boyfriend in March, I have noticed that I've been choosing to go to homeware stores instead of clothing! I absolutely love buying new little bits for the flat, and I feel that it's these things that can really make your house a home. ( Ugh a cliché that I really didn't want to use) But anyway, I thought I'd share with you what I've bought recently and give you a little insight into my home style and taste and hopefully you'll feel inspired...



I wouldn't know what to describe my taste as really, I like a combination of styles including shabby-shic, country, cottage and coastal with a few modern items thrown in there too. So basically I guess my style is eclectic! 

The glass bell-shaped jar with the rope handle is from Dunelm costing £3.99, which at first I didn't know what to put in it, but I knew I just had to have it and I would soon find a use for it. I love Dunelm it literally sells everything imaginable for the home, from décor to furniture to kitchen appliances. The cream mirror and the giant lantern are from HomeSense. The mirror cost around £30 and the lantern was £15 which I have in my living room. I love the detail and the shape of the mirror and feel that it just makes a feature of your wall. I wish that I lived closer to a HomeSense I think I'd be in there all the time. My giant lantern is probably my favourite 'homey' item I have in the house and I love a good candle- you can never have too many! It sits by my nest of shabby tables and I like the contrast of styles I have in my flat. The beautiful shabby-esc clock is from a gorgeous little shop in Weymouth called Bibi's Boutique, I picked it up for £8! What an absolute bargain. I love finding one off pieces in little boutique stores like this one. I find it so exciting discovering little shops like this one and seeing what they have to offer me. 





The shabby coasters were a gift from my dad from a little boutique store in Dartmouth, which I just love! Coasters may seem like a boring thing to share with you, but they just look so pretty in my flat and I love this kind of style. The floral jug is from TkMaxx costing £2.99, jugs are a great and alternative way for holding flowers or utensils and they're far more exciting than a vase. The letter 'E' is from an independent store in Weymouth, although I am sure I have seen this print before somewhere else, but you can pick up alphabet letters from a range of different home stores and online too! I bought a 'G' too and think that they are such a simple way of decorating your home, I have put mine on my living room windowsill along with some candles and photo frames. The orange and white 'art deco' candle was bought as a two-pack from Ikea which cost around £3 and they smell like fresh oranges- even better!

So I hope that you enjoyed reading about my homey items and it has helped those of you who are looking of ways to make your house more homey. Check out HomeSense, Dunelm, TkMaxx and Ikea, they all have some really affordable pieces and a range of different styles. 

Please leave a comment of your favourite home stores, I would love to be inspired and take a trip!

Thanks for reading, 

Love Emily x



Follow my Blog on BlogLovin


SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

PREMIUM BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig