KIKO Haul & Review

4 comments


Hello Hello, I haven't blogged in a while and I have really missed it. So I'm gonna waste no time rambling on about that and get straight back to it. So I have yet to do a beauty haul and I am very excited to share the products that I recently bought from KIKO in Madrid (ohmygosh I love this city)

Just under a month ago I enjoyed a little city break in Madrid with my boyfriend George, we had the most amazing time eating endless amounts of paella and sipping on sangria...(more on that in a later blog post!) but for now I just want to get all excited about the make-up that I bought from KIKO, and share with you my first impressions.

As soon as I entered the store I was handed a KIKO shopping basket which got full pretty quickly, I couldn't believe how affordable everything was, (seeing as I'd never visited this store before.) I first picked up three lipsticks, George chose my favourite one in the Velvet Mat Satin Lipstick range called Dark Berry and the packaging is rose-gold and is be-a-u-tiful, perfect for winter and only cost £6.90! The other two lipsticks were from the Smart Lipstick range in the shades Natural Beige and Classic Rose. I felt that these were perfect for everyday and weren't as pigmented as the Velvet Mat lipsticks. They are ultra silky and super nourishing and only cost £3.90. So the obvious thing to do now was to chose a lip liner to go with them. Even though this brand is so afforadable, I find I'm always a little hesitant when choosing liners as I really rate the Laura Mercier lipliners as they are so smooth and genuinely prevent my lipsticks from bleeding- so I thought will anything be as good? BUT I'd have to say that the KIKO ones are a brilliant dupe in terms of texture and finish. I chose the shade Natural Pink  from the Precision range costing £4.20 and is that perfect shade of pink that you could wear with soft browns and pale nudes.

I then picked up the Luxurious Lashes Extra Volume Brush Mascara, which was on offer in Madrid so I thought I may as well give it a go. I love the size of the brush and I find that it separates my lashes well, but I for me I found that I had to build it up a lot to achieve thick lashes. So maybe this would be one to use on my bottom lashes or over the top of another mascara.

I then wondered over to the skincare section and added two face masks to my basket. My mum had previously bought me the Energy Mask, which I have nearly finished and I have loved using so I was excited to try any others they had. I chose the Hydrating and the Purifying Masks. I have since tried them both and I can't believe how great they are. The purifying one is my favourite and I've used it both morning and evening, especially if I find that I'm having a bad skin day (happens regularly.) It leaves my skin feeling smooth and helps to get rid of any blemishes. So I definitely recommend this one if you have problem skin.

One of my favourite things I picked was the Coconut Kiss Lip Balm. I'm not really a massive lip balm lover, but one of the girls showed me this one and it smelt amazing and I just had to have it. Plus the packaging is lovely too, so I find it so enjoyable to use. (ah the little things in life.)

Lastly, I was really drawn to the shade Light Hazelnut in the Power Pro Nail Lacquer range and kept walking around the store and coming back to this same nail polish. I mean it's only a nail polish, I seemed to have been deliberating over it as if it were a designer bag.... Anyway, I have worn this shade a lot since I have been back and just love it! I like polishes that have a wide brush, just makes it all that bit quicker and easier to paint my nails.



I'd love to know if you have tried any of these products and what you thought? I'd happily place an online order to try any recommendations!

Thanks for reading and I would love for you to subscribe if you like what you see! :)

Love Emily

xx




Follow My Blog With Bloglovin


SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

4 comments

  1. Nice blog! If you want, we can to follow each other on bloglovin! Just follow me here and I'll follow you back! ♥ https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/anna-alina-3947784

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you Anna-Alina, glad that you like my blog. I've followed you xx

      Delete
  2. I've never heard of Koko but the products look fantastic, especially the hydrating mask!!

    xoxo Emily
    http://www.ditchtheheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Emily, the products really are amazing, your blog looks cool xxx

    ReplyDelete

PREMIUM BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig